Advanced Orthodontic Care For Teen & Adults In The Boone & Wilkesboro, NC Area
Orthodontists Drs. Michael Mayhew and Nicole Scheffler strive to provide patients in the Boone, Wilkesboro, Lenoir and surrounding areas with the most advanced orthodontic care available. In addition to the revolutionary Damon Braces System, OP Smiles uses the Invisalign System to align the teeth in adult and teen patients.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is the clear way to straighten your teeth using a series of customized aligners – eliminating the look of traditional braces! These aligners are removable and nearly invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth with out anyone knowing, and continue to enjoy your favorite foods. Another added benefit to Invisalign® is that patients are able to brush and floss more easily, since there are no wires or brackets to have to work around.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® is made for adults and teens with specific orthodontic bite problems, and a series of customized clear aligners will be created to fit your individual needs. Each set of aligners are worn for one to two weeks, and only removed when it is time to eat, drink, brush and floss. On average, treatment time averages from 6 to 20 months, and the number of aligners worn can be between 10 and 40.
Some of the many advantageous features of Invisalign® are:
- Removability: easier to maintain good oral hygiene and no food restrictions
- Fast: if used as instructed, Invisalign® braces improves your smile in less time than traditional dental braces
- Comfortable: Invisalign® aligners are smooth, so there are no wires or brackets to cause mouth irritations or abrasions.
- Fewer Visits: depending on your customized treatment plan, you will only need to visit us every 8 to 12 weeks, so that means less time in the orthodontist’s chair!
- Invisible: Invisalign® clear braces are exactly that – CLEAR! No one will know when you are wearing them.
The aligners are designed to move your teeth in small steps to the desired final position prescribed by either Dr. Mayhew or Dr. Scheffler. Each aligner is precisely calibrated and manufactured to fit your mouth at each stage of the treatment plan.
Schedule Your Invisalign® Consultation
To see if you are a candidate for the Invisalign® system, please contact us at our Boone, NC office. One of our team members will work with you to schedule your free consultation and orthodontic evaluation with one of our orthodontists. We look forward to meeting you and showing you how Invisalign® may be able to help you!